About Mad River Food Hub
The Mad River Food Hub is a fully equipped, licensed vegetable and USDA inspected meat processing facility located in Waitsfield, Vermont.
Each processing room is available for rent by the day, the the facility also offers dry, refrigerated and frozen storage as well as weekly distribution services to retail markets throughout the Mad River Valley, Waterbury, Montpelier, and Burlington. The experienced staff on site can also provide valuable business planning assistance, HACCP plan development, and access to a vast network of other food enterprises. The facility is uniquely designed for the small scale food producer who needs a licensed facility at an affordable rate, allowing them to grow their business, one step at a time.
- Fully licensed vegetable and USDA inspected meat processing facility for rent by the day
- Fee for service meat processing services done for you by our qualified and trained staff
- Wrap around business assistance to help you scale and maximize profitability
- HACCP plan development assistance
- Energy efficient, dry, cool and frozen storage
- Distribution services to local area market outlets
About Mad River Valley
The Mad River Valley is a 92,000-acre watershed located in central Vermont and is home to more than 6,000 local residents.It also hosts as many as 10,000 tourists who enjoy recreating in both summer and winter in the beautiful natural setting that characterizes the area.
Historically, the rich bottomland soil has supported a variety of agricultural efforts, including dairy and diversified farms. In fact, the Mad River Watershed has significantly more land in agriculture than any of the other tributaries of the Winooski River,and agriculture is an important complement to the heavily tourism-based economy.